Friday, January 4, 2013

Books I'm Looking Forward to Reading in 2013

I have been doing some research about new books coming out this year, trying to decide if I should spend all my Barnes and Noble gift card money now or save some for future new releases.  Here are a few books that I am looking forward to reading this year.

1.  The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult, (February 26, 2013)
I used to be a big fan of Jodi Picoult, but after a while, her books all started to sound the same to me.  I haven't even read her past two books, as they didn't look interesting at all.  But a few early reviews I have read about this one say that it is a return to her earlier form.  So I think I'm going to give it a chance.

2.  The Shining Girls by Lauren Berkus (June 4, 2013)
The description of this book claims it is like The Time Traveler's Wife (one of my all time favorites!) meets The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo (another book I liked).  It is a thriller about a time traveling serial killer.  Intriguing.

3.  Requiem by Lauren Oliver (March 5, 2013)
This is the final book in the Delirium trilogy.  It is a young adult, dystopian romance with a fairly silly premise:  Love is a disease that everyone must be "cured" from when they turn 18.  Don't judge me.  It is addicting to read this kind of stuff.  And I have to find out how the series ends!!

4.  And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini (May 21, 2013)
I know nothing about this book, as the description doesn't tell anything about the plot and I can't find any early reviews.  However, I loved Hosseini's first two books (The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns), so even without knowing anything about this one, it is going on my to read list.

5.  Life after Life by Kate Atkinson (April 2, 2013)
I have read a few books by Kate Atkinson, and I enjoyed them.  This new one sounds interesting as it is about a woman who keeps dying again and again in various ways.  Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment