Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Wool, Omnibus Edition

Wool (Omnibus Edition)
by Hugh Howey

Genre:  Science Fiction
Pages:   550
Published:  4/6/2012 by Broad Reach Publishing
Format:  ebook

My Rating:
4 out of 5 stars




  
Wool is a five part story about a group of people living in an underground silo in a post-apocalyptic world. The members of the silo live in a society of strict rules and regulations. Those who fail to comply or who express a desire to get out of the silo are sent to "cleaning" or in other words, certain death. Yet, a few brave men and women decide to rise up against the forces that be and risk their lives to uncover the secrets of the silo.

This was a highly entertaining and readable series. I really enjoyed it, and I felt that it was very creative and interesting. There were several scenes, especially in Book #5, where I was on the edge of my seat and unable to put the book down...and also looking over my shoulder to make sure no one was there!

I wish I would have written a review after each part of the book, because I am having a hard time remembering what happened in what part. I believe that Book #2 was my least favorite, as I felt like it wasn't necessary to devote a whole book to that portion of the story. It was a little slow during that part, but once Book #3 started, the story picked up and never stopped!

No comments:

Post a Comment